You might be asking what's a kindergartner doing with her own blog...
Well, SJ loves to write and while she spends much of her day writing to her penpal, her friends, her family and in her journal, she knows that I (her mother) spend a good amount of time blogging and enjoy the journaling, feedback and community that a blog can bring. Since SJ often asks to "do a blog" on our family page and is always so proud of her blogging, I decided maybe it was time for her to venture out and have her own little corner of the web.
Our kids are not very exposed or experienced with the computer... they don't play computer or online games and are clueless when it comes to manuevering around with the mouse and keyboard, let alone on the internet!
Besides introducing SJ to a few storytime interactive websites, I thought blogging would be a great way to practice some of that manueverability and a way to gain familiarity with the keyboard and some basic functions. We will also practice posting pictures on her blog as she loves to use her digital camera.
I leave SJ to write whatever is on her mind, in whatever way comes out of her creativity, while I simply observe. As she gets her blog started I'm going to sit back and watch with as little help as possible. She's thinking herself, she's typing herself, she's writing herself. As she becomes used to the format we will eventually begin working on her sentence structure, punctuation, capitalization and such. Until then, eep in mind she is only a kindergartner when it comes to reading this primitive writing!! It may be choppy, it may not make much sense, and may in fact sometimes need a little deciphering! I often don't correct her spelling yet as I believe that will come on it's own with more reading and writing.
Plus I think it'll be a really fun way to look back on the progression of her skills!
Feel free to comment, as I know she would love the feedback; love that someone is paying attention to the ramblings of a little kid!
I do have comments moderated to be aware of who and what is being posted for such a young blogger. :)
Mostly, I'm sure, this will simply be a fun way for friends and family to encourage our SJ in her writing pursuits and get a glimpse into the mind of a five year old! Enjoy!
Monday, September 1, 2008
What's a new kid doing on the blog?
Posted by heather at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment