Today is a "snow day," although snow barely stuck to the ground. So I guess you wouldn't call it a snow day, but you can call it a "snow day." The following text is based on a true story, that happened the morning of December 10th, 2013.
Savannah was standing by the fire in the living room with her little cute dog watching Full House. Her brother, Sawyer, came downstairs, in school clothes, (almost in tears) and said,
"Savannah! Where's mom? She didn't wake me up! It's almost time for me to go to the bus stop! Now I'll be late and I haven't even eaten anything!"
He collapsed onto the couch and was almost crying when Savannah said,
"School's cancelled today, so stop crying and go get some regular clothes on and don't blame mom; it's her birthday!"
With that she shook her head as Sawyer moped back to the stairs, stopped a moment, and ran up like a crazy maniac. Savannah giggled a little, then went over to the computer and typed a message on Skype to her grandma and her friend Amiya to say, "YAY! NO SCHOOL!" and she told her grandma about how Sawyer was almost "late" on a "snow day." She went upstairs to get dressed then decided not to. She came back downstairs only to see Sawyer playing Mario Kart at what... 7:30 am!
"Sawyer!" she said, "You came down to go to school, and as soon as you found out there was NO school, YOU TURN ON THE WII AND PLAY MARIO KART?!?" She marched to the computer and started blogging about this morning. (Okay, now this is getting awkward because I'm typing about the present, but there's still more...) They had bought donuts because it is their mom's birthday, so Sawyer came in and partially yelled," DONUTS! DONUTS! Let's eat DONUTS!" and he got a jelly filled donut. Savannah wanted to wait for their mom.
Okay so that's the end, and it was mostly true. So, I'll blog again soon, I just wanna have fun on this "snow day!"

Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Based On a True Story - "Snow Day"
Posted by sj at 8:22 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Happy Snow Day!!!
Very nice story. I laughed. I like it when you blog.
Love,
Grampa G
I LOVE reading your blog. Especially when you throw in some unique ways of "reporting" what is going on with you and your family. Miss you all already! Love,Gramma G
Post a Comment